Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Last Week in Veganville

Last week was full of delicious and satisfying recipes, unfortunately I did a horrible job of keeping track of them. Last week I also tried to create my menus around what was ripe in our garden, which meant a lot of dishes with tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant!
Here's one of my favorites:
Curry Tofu Scramble and Sweet Potato Hash Browns
1/2 block of firm tofu, drained on paper towels for 10 minutes
1/2 c. green bell pepper, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 c. yellow or white onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. Muchi curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions and peppers over medium heat until soft. Add tofu and break into crumbles with spatula. Add curry powder and tomato. Stir until heated all the way through and tomatoes are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.

For the hash browns:
1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded (*I like to use my food processor's special attachment to shred the potatoes - it's so much easier than using a grater)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Toss the sweet potato shreds with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add sweet potato to the skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown and crispy. Flip and cook until bottom is brown and crispy. *I like my hash browns really crispy. If you like mushy hash browns, keep an eye out and cook yours less.

The finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment