Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Garden Prep 2011

You know the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."? Well, there's nothing like a two-month hiatus to renew my motivation for blogging about our DIY projects.

For years, Fall has been my favorite season. I've always loathed Spring because where I'm from up North, Spring means wet, sloppy messes on the roads and in the yard. Here in Middle Georgia, Spring Rocks (and is quickly becoming my favorite season)! There are beautiful blooming trees, mild temperatures, and best of all, NO SLOPPY MESSES! And probably my favorite part of Spring is the anticipation and preparation for the garden. Last year, I let my husband take the lead in planning and planting. This year, I've grabbed the bull by the horns.

I've already taken a gardening class, sent in my soil sample to the University(for which I'm anxiously awaiting the results), and started seeds indoors.
Here's a picture of my make-shift mini greenhouse:

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5581799554674070722" />

This attempt includes tomatoes, jalepeno peppers, and zinnias.

And the perennial herbs have been hard at work too!



A little mint making a resurgence.



One reason to let cilantro go to seed: it comes back!



Super Chives!

I've also decided to give peas another go:

No comments:

Post a Comment